On 2009-Aug-18, at 3:27 am, Timothy S. Nelson wrote:
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009, David Green wrote:
Maybe setting $*CWD just calls chdir() under the hood? Same implementation, brand new shiny Perl-style interface!
That was my intent, but we had some discussions on IRC about the whys and wherefores, and it will return as soon as I do my next commit (hopefully sometime within the next 4-5 hours). Unless you can think of a good way to do relative paths.

In my naiveté, I would do:

class IO::CurrentDir;      # the type of $*CWD

  sub STORE($self: IO::Path $new)
  {
      chdir($new);
      $self = getcwd();
  }

or however that would work in P6. It may have problems, but by definition they're the same problems as chdir() has. What am I missing?