2009/8/18 David Green <david.gr...@telus.net>:
> On 2009-Aug-18, at 3:27 am, Timothy S. Nelson wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009, David Green wrote:
>>>
> or however that would work in P6.  It may have problems, but by definition
> they're the same problems as chdir() has.  What am I missing?

chdir is a familar function with predictable behaviour.
$*CWD, as a variable that "magically" changes to something other than
what it was set to, is unfamiliar and unpredictable.

Now there's nothing wrong with introducing new, unfamiliar
functionality, if it provides a discernible benefit, but that doesn't
seem to be the case here.

--
Carlin