Tim (>), Carl (>>), Tim (>>>):

This one here seems a good introduction: <http://perl.net.au/wiki/Elf>.

>> Depending on what you mean by significant, I'd also like to direct
>> your attention towards SVG::Plot, proto, Gamebase, CSV, Druid, Form,
>> HTTP::Daemon, Perl6::SQLite and Web.pm. All of those can be downloaded
>> via proto.
>
> I'd really appreciate a list of "significant" perl6 projects, with a
> few words of description of each, that I could put on a slide.
> (Similar to the "Many gems on CPAN ..." on page 18.)
>
> The goal being to give a sense that there are "significant" projects
> being implemented in perl6.

The list I gave above was my subjective, somewhat hasty traversal of
projects.list, filtering on what I consider significant (meaning that
people use it today or it holds some promise). Here's the same list,
with a one-sentence (also subjective) description of each project:

SVG::Plot
  Draw bar charts, line charts and pie charts in SVG.
proto
  Install Perl 6 projects, painlessly.
Gamebase
  Create games with animated 2D sprites.
CSV
  Read .csv files.
Druid
  Play a connection game which grows upwards.
Form
  Format text nicely à la Exigesis 7.
HTTP::Daemon
  Make a web server.
Perl6::SQLite
  Interact with an SQLite database.
Web.pm
  Create web applications with powerful tools.

It's entirely possible that I've forgotten some important module
above, so don't hesitate to pipe up if one comes to mind.

// Carl