Will Coleda wrote:

Was there an old copy of parrot around from a previous build of rakudo?

If so, you might want to move aside the D:\Src\rakudo\parrot*
directories and rebuild parrot using the appropriate rakudo
Configure.pl option.
I am having the same problems a Mr Nagel. AFAIK I am building rakudo with the version of parrot specified in the build\PARROT_REVISION file of rakudo. For the current version of rakudo this seems to be set to 44371 and I am seeing the problems with that revision. As a lark I tried setting the number in that file to something more recent, 44592, and rerunning the rakudo 'perl Configure.pl --gen_parrot' to update parrot, but got the same end results.

Ron