On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Alex Elsayed <eternal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Forgot to send this to the list.
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Alex Elsayed <eternal...@gmail.com>  ...

It's also CPS based, which fits pretty well.

Here's another, one that might fit more readily with perlesque/CLR:

Actors that Unify Threads and Events
pdf: http://lamp.epfl.ch/~phaller/doc/haller07actorsunify.pdf
slides: http://lamp.epfl.ch/~phaller/doc/ActorsUnify.pdf

In this paper we present an abstraction of actors that combines the
benefits of thread-based and event-based concurrency. Threads
support blocking operations such as system I/O, and can be
executed on multiple processor cores in parallel. Event-based
computation, on the other hand, is more lightweight and scales to
large numbers of actors. We also present a set of combinators that
allows a flexible composition of these actors. Scala actors are
implemented on the JVM, but our techniques can be applied to all
multi-threaded VMs with a similar architecture, such as the CLR.