I think this depends on exactly what you mean by "release".

As others have already said in this thread...

6.c is the current standard for perl and is defined by that branch for
the test suite.  The next standard will be called 6.d but it's
probably some way off.

6.c will comprise of a number of monthly releases usually named
2016.01 (after the month) and sometimes YYYY.MM.x

I've not seen any use of 6.0.0 typing numbering.

The versioning does seem to cause confusion and this probably needs to
be a FAQ entry

--
4096R/EA75174B Steve Mynott <steve.myn...@gmail.com>