>> Hmm, will vtbl get rid of all the magic hacks?

NI> The "mg.c" 'magic hacks' are in essence applying vtable semantics (they
NI> are even called vtables in the sources) to a subset of "values".
NI> So yes vtables mean evrything is "magic" so nothing needs "special magic"...

Some 'official' method of passing on calls will be needed. So that it is
easier to write magic.

I don't recall anyone commenting on my suggestion:

Have every Package generate a vtbl for each subroutine in the package.
Then when something is blessed into the package (if this is retained for
OO) then the objects vtbl becomes the precompiled merger of vtbls based
upon the inheritence tree.

If we use a TIL for the engine then the vtbl is a direct
pointer. Otherwise it can be trampoline code.

<chaim>
--
Chaim Frenkel                                        Nonlinear Knowledge, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                               +1-718-236-0183