NI> Chaim Frenkel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> Have every Package generate a vtbl for each subroutine in the package.
>> Then when something is blessed into the package (if this is retained for
>> OO) then the objects vtbl becomes the precompiled merger of vtbls based
>> upon the inheritence tree.

NI> Single inherticance is fairly easy. Multiple inheritance gets messy very
NI> quickly and you end up with C++.

NI> It is far from clear that there is a _necessary_ connection between the
NI> OO-in-C we use in the core and the OO-in-perl that language itself
NI> has.

I wasn't discussing the core. Rather a possible optimization of
method lookup.

At any time only for any method name only a single version can be
called (at the invocation point) so why not precompile it.

<chaim>
--
Chaim Frenkel                                        Nonlinear Knowledge, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                               +1-718-236-0183