Jarkko Hietaniemi writes:
> > I'm not too worried about getting the vtbl right at the first because
> > it will be pretty obvious how it should go once the code starts to form.
>
> Some planning isn't that painful :-)

Yes.  Especially given that vtables are an unbenchmarked change.  It'd
be good to see someone prototype the vtables and then benchmark the
code against similarly fleshed out SV structures.  We need to know
just how much of a hit this is going to be in terms of memory and in
terms of speed.  Everyone's saying "this is the way to go", but I'm
a little afraid that nobody has said why.

Nat