I'm confused (I might have missed some discussions, being busy in other
fronts) so please bear with my silly questions.

>     type

The basic set-in-stone types are...?

>     name

Huh?  A name for what?  (How does this relate to a 'string'?)

>     get_bool

Stored as...? char? int? Boolean or Trilean?

>     get_string *

'a string' is a tuple(pointer, size)?  or tuple(pointer, size, allocated_size)?
or tuple(pointer, size, allocated_size, ook_like_initial_offset_hack?)
Have 'slices' (tuple(offset, size) aliases to strings) been considered?

>     get_int *
>     get_float *

Could you elaborate on these a lot?  What's an 'int'?  What's a 'float'?
Having lately been battling a lot with quad ints and doubles  vs long doubles
I seriously want this interface not to suck.

>     add *

How does the mapping from native ints to bigints happen?

>     logical_or
>     logical_and
>     logical_not

logical_xor?