Nathan Torkington wrote:

> Alan Burlison writes:
> > seem a very optimal way to go about it.  How about a design document
> > (format to be decided) and a 'design + commentary' document which is the
> > design document with the condensed email discussion inserted into it as
> > the commentary.  That way there is a design spec for the implementation,
>
> Cool.  You're volunteering to edit it?

Hah!  You don't ensnare me that easily, Mr. Torkington! ;-)

How about writing the documents in XML and having a 'perl specification'
DTD?  With a bit of careful thought we will be able to do all sorts of
interesting stuff - for example if we tag function definitions we can
start cross-checking other documents and even the code for consistency
with the spec.

Death to POD!

Alan Burlison