Simon Cozens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 11:03:08PM +0000, Nick Ing-Simmons wrote:
>> I am willing to cast bleadperl5's PerlIO into the form of a _draft_ PDD
>> for perl6 - i.e. "this is what it does now", not "this is what it should do".
>
>I have a feeling the two are going to be very similar.

Thank you :-) - the work is indeed intended as a prototype. (One reason
why I have tried to avoid perl5-isms like dTHX/pTHX and so on.)
But I had (my own) legacy PerlIO "api" to mimic. The structure is sound
but it is less clear that arguments passed being char */STRLEN rather
than SV * is "right".

The other area that bothers me is the "vtable" is larger than I would like.
We don't really need open/fdopen/reopen - one more generic "open" would
cause less code replication. Likewise we have legacy sv_gets support i.e.
get_cnt/get_ptr/set_ptrcnt _and_ read/getc.

--
Nick Ing-Simmons