On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 07:17:06PM +0000, Nick Ing-Simmons wrote:
> Given the inner functions we could presumable generate the decode
> functions (c.f. xsubpp)

This is something I'm very much in favour of: it doesn't matter if
vtables mean we have loads of little functions, because we can auto-generate
some of them; it doesn't matter if we have non-decoding ops because we can
auto-generate decoding functions, and so on. Cuts down on maintainance, keeps
it all nice and clean. Only worry is the potential or perceived speed
hit, but I think we can trust compilers to essentially inline the ops into the
decoding functions.

--
"(Because if life's not shit, then you're not doing it right.)"
    - Rebecca Luckraft