"Bryan C. Warnock" wrote:
> On Monday 10 September 2001 06:23 pm, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> > When we run out, we repeat the innermost type.
>
> Why are you doing right-to-left instead of left-to-right?

Because it would be harder to repeat the innermost type then? ;)
Most binary ops will take identical inner args. This is just
a readability optimization to avoid things like "_i_i".

Avoiding type extensions completely seems best if the compiler
and disassembler are smart enough. I'm not sure we'll be able
to do that though -- more complex addressing modes may lose
type info. (But that assumes someday we get more complex
addressing modes... ;)

- Ken