Brian --

> I've been thinking alot about the bytecode file format lately.  Its
> going to get really gross really fast when we start adding other
> (optional) sections to the code.
>
> So, with that in mind, here's what I propose:

This may be too crazy, but if we take seriously the notion that we
are creating a virtual CPU, why not adopt some existing format, such
as ELF? Use libelf for the C stuff, and use Inline::C to have a Perl
wrapper for Perl code that has to read/write it.

The various issues of multiple sections in files, etc. have been
solved many times by the different object file formats. Maybe we don't
have to invent yet another one.

Regards,

-- Gregor
/     perl -e 'srand(-2091643526); print chr rand 90 for (0..4)'      \

   Gregor N. Purdy                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Focus Research, Inc.                http://www.focusresearch.com/
   8080 Beckett Center Drive #203                   513-860-3570 vox
   West Chester, OH 45069                           513-860-3579 fax