One of the things that might be coring solaris is the potential for
embedded floats in the bytecode stream. (The more I think about that the
more I regret it...) The ops do a quick and ugly cast to treat some of the
opcode stream as an NV which may trip across alignment rules and size
issues. (I assume NVs are twice the size of ops, but that could be incorrect)