> One of the things that might be coring solaris is the potential for
> embedded floats in the bytecode stream. (The more I think about that the
> more I regret it...) The ops do a quick and ugly cast to treat some of the

> opcode stream as an NV which may trip across alignment rules and size
> issues. (I assume NVs are twice the size of ops, but that could be
incorrect)

I am strongly against embedded any constants (other than 32-bit literals)
into
opcode stream. Floats format is very platform dependent. We should use
constant
pool for it. The float literals are 64-bit wide, there is no way to align it
correctly. Once we have float embedded in opcode stream, it will very
difficult
to patch it.

There is really no obvious benefit to do so. We should just use constant
pool.
And leave opcode as signed 32-bit integer stream. The 32-bit value can be
represented using different formats in memory or in file -- endian, and
size.

Hong