On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 09:00:20AM +0100, Simon Cozens wrote:
> So, if you're running on one of the core platforms, please check out
> a *clean* CVS copy, try and build and post the output of make test.

Hmmm, I hit an interesting snag.  I ran Configure.pl and then
habitually skipped 'make' and jumped straight to 'make test', which
dutifully ran.

Should we slap a dependency on 'all' into the test target?

Anyhow, here's the problems on Linux/PowerPC.  make warns with:

Ok, running Configure.pl with 5.6.1 without 64bit ints, everything's fine.
All tests successful or skipped.

But if we run Configure.pl with bleadperl that *does* use 64bit ints
and has debugging flags on, there's trouble.

make warns with:

cc -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I./include -g -o register.o -c register.c
register.c: In function `Parrot_push_i':
register.c:22: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
register.c:22: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
register.c: In function `Parrot_pop_i':
register.c:47: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
register.c:47: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
register.c: In function `Parrot_push_s':
register.c:88: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
register.c:88: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
register.c: In function `Parrot_pop_s':
register.c:116: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
register.c:116: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
register.c: In function `Parrot_push_n':
register.c:157: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
register.c:157: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
register.c: In function `Parrot_pop_n':
register.c:182: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
register.c:182: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
register.c: In function `Parrot_push_p':
register.c:223: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
register.c:223: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
register.c: In function `Parrot_pop_p':
register.c:250: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
register.c:250: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
perl5.6.1 process_opfunc.pl basic_opcodes.ops
cc -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I./include -g -o basic_opcodes.o -c basic_opcodes.c
cc -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I./include -g -o memory.o -c memory.c
memory.c: In function `mem_allocate_aligned':
memory.c:61: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
memory.c:61: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
memory.c:62: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
memory.c:62: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size

cc -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I./include -g -o strnative.o -c strnative.c
strnative.c: In function `string_native_concat':
strnative.c:47: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
strnative.c:47: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
strnative.c: In function `string_native_substr':
strnative.c:76: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
strnative.c:76: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size

And all of the tests fail with "This isn't Parrot bytecode!"

My Parrot/Config.pm file is attached.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl6 Quality Assurance     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       Kwalitee Is Job One

Config.pm