> >Just curious, do we need a dedicated zero register and sink register?
>
> I've been pondering that one and waffling back and forth. At the moment I
> don't think so, since there's no benefit to going with a zero register
over
> a zero constant, but that could change tomorrow.

For example, once we have subcall, we want to provide all arguments in
registers, instead of some args in regs, some in constant pool, some
in inline literals. At least, this is a reasonable approach.

The sink register can be used for in-place patch (for debugging,
profiling, or whatever) without re-arrange the opcodes and offsets.
It is of little use. Just a thought.

Hong