Michael --

> I had more time to think about it, and I determined how a compute op-code
> could be efficient.
>
> [snip]

You wicked, wicked person! :)

I'd like to see some benchmarks on that one vs. the most efficient
possible hand-coded separate ops for moderate to complex arithmetic...
These sorts of ops should be possible without them being in the core
once we have loadable oplibs, as long as the assembler knows how to
lay them out...

BTW, the ops should probably be:

  * compute_i_s_v
  * compute_i_sc_v
  * compute_n_s_v
  * compute_n_sc_v

> /** FMT: compute v_arg_size, destination-register, fmt_const_string,
> ( list of reg-indexes )

The nargs operand is spliced in in place of the 'v'

Regards,

-- Gregor
/     perl -e 'srand(-2091643526); print chr rand 90 for (0..4)'      \

   Gregor N. Purdy                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Focus Research, Inc.                http://www.focusresearch.com/
   8080 Beckett Center Drive #203                   513-860-3570 vox
   West Chester, OH 45069                           513-860-3579 fax