  DS> At 12:48 PM 10/4/2001 -0500, Gibbs Tanton - tgibbs wrote:

  >> This is what my initial patch addressed.  If opcode_t is always 32
  >> bits, but we allow the native integer type to be 64 bits, then we
  >> cannot have inlined integers.

  DS> Sure we can. We just can't have inlined integer constants outside
  DS> the range +-2^31. I don't think it'll be a problem, really.

a point to remember is to handle sign extending to 64 bits for negative
inline constant ints. they will be signed 32 bit ints in the byte stream
and must be properly assigned to a signed native 64 (or more) bit int in
an I or PMC register.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ---------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ----------  http://www.sysarch.com