On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Dan Sugalski wrote:

> > > Sort of. They're guaranteed to be as big as the native integer you've
> > > chosen to build Parrot with, and at least 32 bits.
> >
> >Ok, but does "long long" count as a "native integer"?
>
> Yup, if that's what you configured perl with.

Ok, last question for today:  Do we want to require sizeof(opcode_t) ==
sizeof(INTVAL)?  A user may know he wants 'long long' integer constants,
but also know that opcodes will always fit in 32-bits and want to use
'int' for opcode_t (for compactness and possibly speed).

On the one hand, I could see allowing different sizes as a reasonable
position.  On the other hand, I could also see forbidding different sizes
as a reasonable position.  I don't have a gripping hand, so I don't see
any other possibilities at the moment :-).

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Dept. of Physics