At 08:43 PM 11/19/2001 -0500, brian wheeler wrote:
>On Mon, 2001-11-19 at 19:59, James Mastros wrote:
> > I propose that we make INTVAL and opcode_t the same size, and gaurrenteed
> > to be able to hold a void*.
> >

>Seems reasonable to me, since jsr and jump are slated to use an I
>register to jump to a host-machine-address and start interpreting there.

Nah, using an I register as a host-machine-address for jumps doesn't argue
for sizeof(INTVAL) >= sizeof(void *). Instead, it argues that the design
that uses an int as an absolute address is wrong.

I'm going to rewrite the docs and ops to use a S register instead. Now all
I need to do is figure out something to make S stand for that encompasses
both uses. (Buffer pointer and generic pointer)