Hong Zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I disagree. The difference between 'e' and 'e`' is similar to 'c'
> and 'C'.

No, it's not.

In many languages, an accented character is a completely different letter.
It's alphabetized separately, it's pronounced differently, and there are
many words that differ only in the presence of an accent.

Changing the capitalization of C does not change the word.  Adding or
removing an accent does.

> The Unicode compability equivalence has similar effect too, such as
> "half width letter" and "full width letter".

You'll find that the Unicode compatibility equivalence does nothing as
ill-conceived as unifying e and e', for very good reason because that
would be a horrible mistake.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>