On Tue, 28 May 2002 01:19:25 -0400 Jeff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>newasm now handles constants, macros, and local >labels within. Here's a

Great work!

>expansion. Also, they don't expand >recursively. '.constant FOO
>"blah"n.constant BAR "Hey, .FOO"' won't do what >you want, sadly.

Thats exactly what I want. I don't think
the assembler should do any sort of interpolation
with string constants at all.

>that's what I'll work on next.

When Simon first committed it, I tested
newasm and noticed 2-3x speedup on assembly
speed. Is this still the case?

I've been running some tests with executing
Cola on the fly, and the assembly phase (slow)
is the big bug in the soup right now, however
I've been using the old assembler.

PS: Thanks (Simon and Jeff) for a lot of hard
work on newasm.

-Melvin