> > I used to be at Sun. I knew those warnings too. If we use longjmp
> > carefully, we can make it. In the worst case, write our own version.
>
> ..Or we could use setcontext/getcontext, could we not?

The setcontext/getcontext will be much worse than setjmp/longjmp.
The are more platform specific than longjmp. And they don't work
well inside signal handler, just like longjmp.

When I was working on HotSpot JVM, we had some problems with
getcontext. They work 99.99% of time. We added many workaround
for the .01% cases. I believe the Solaris guys have been improving
the code. I am not sure of the current status.

Hong