At 1:28 PM +0200 9/5/02, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
>Dan Sugalski (via RT) wrote:
>
>We need to nail down what the directions mean.
>

>This is, what I'm trying to do since quite a time.
>
>... The IMCC and JIT folks are the ones that care here.
>
>Here is the IMCC folks speaking ;-)

Sorry. I've been pathetically behind in my p6i mail lately.

If in means no change, inout means register is the same but the
string/pmc may have mutated itself, and out means the register is
changed, then I'm cool with it. Go ahead and commit the patch.

Do be aware that *reading* from a PMC can potentially alter it, so:

   add inout P1, in P2, in P3

isn't necessarily a safe thing to assume.