At 4:52 PM +0000 2/25/03, Leon Brocard wrote:
David sent the following bits through the ether:

Thanks. I better upgrade my version, I'm not seeing it in 0.0.9.

It's been a while since 0.0.9 (errr, 20th Dec). A lot has changed since then. Maybe it's time for a 0.1.0 release. What are we waiting for?

Objects or exceptions. (Or a full I/O layer, or events)

And why do we have so many version numbers?

Major, minor, point. Reasonably standard, as these things go.

It'd be nice to have
objects, otherwise we're restricted to toy languages.

While I'll call C many things (not all of them repeatable) I'm not sure "toy" is one of them. Nor Forth, Fortran, APL, COBOL, Lisp, or Basic... :)

Objects are coming, though I've been too pressed for time recently. String rework first, then objects.