Steve Fink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sep-28, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

>> So we should specify, what to do with wrong param counts or wrong
>> types. pcc.t has some examples for this (labeled "unproto" or
>> "exception").

> I was arguing that this isn't enough. We need the set of parameters to
> really be different in the two cases, so we need two sets of ".param"
> statements, not just one.

I don't think, that we need 2 different sets of ".param" blocks. But
missing is a notion for optional params and possible default values of
these.
What about uninitalized optional params?

> Yes, this is what I was talking about in the big block comment in the
> sample code at the end of my last message. Perl6 does have them. I
> don't know whether Perl6 or any other language we want to be nice to
> has *non-constant* defaults. If so, and if we want direct support for
> them, then it means we need to evaluate them in the context of the
> callee.

Yep. This would need some extend .begin_param declaration probably,
where the code for evaluating the initializer could go in.

> There's the issue of detecting whether a parameter was passed or not,
> in order to decide whether to fill in the default value. (See my last
> message for more discussion of this.)

The caller does pass in the argument count.

leo