On Tuesday, Oct 7, 2003, at 17:51 Europe/Berlin, Dan Sugalski wrote:

WHich ought ot be some sort of really bad '50s era black and white giant
atomic monster movie. But anyway.

ICU now configures and builds on at least some platforms. That means it's
time to build an encoding and chartype library for it. This'd be a nice
little project for someone looking to get their feet wet in the parrot
source, so...

I have been looking at the string stuff and icu with this in mind.

I would have mentioned it earlier, except that the closer I get to the monster the less equipped I seem. At the moment the only weapon I possess is time.

Also, I'm working on OS X, so there is the library loading issue to be solved too.

Mike

Takers?