Dan Sugalski wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Jerome Quelin wrote:
> > * How does one retrieve arguments given on the command-line?
> > * How does one call a function? With arguments? With a variable
> > number of arguments? Get the return value(s) of a sub?
> > * How does one read from a file? stdin? unbuffered stdin?
> > * How does one create socket and network stuff?
> > * How does one launch an exception? trap an exception?
> > * How does one create a class? instanciate an object?
>
> With the exception of the second bullet item, these are generic
> parrot FAQs rather than IMCC/PIR specific ones, so ought to be put in
> a different FAQ or doc section...

Correct, but then someone new to parrot who wants to write a compiler
targetting parrot will need to look for and read faqs in a lot of
different places...

I think the real question is: do we want to promote imcc as _the_ target
language for compilers targetting parrot?
If the answer is yes (as I thought it was), then I don't think we need a
pasm faq...

Jerome
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]