On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 16:20:25 -0500, Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Just ran across a bug in IMCC.
>
>The .const directive is incorrectly available only within a .sub/.end
>block. Silly. (And wrong) That makes it very difficult to usefully
>use constants--generally they're defined at the top of a file (or in
>a file which is .included) and visible through the rest of the
>compilation unit.
>
>When someone gets a chance to patch this one up, I'd much appreciate it.

There's no file level locals yet either ;-)

Can I ask a stupid question? Guess I'm going to anyway...

Is there much benefit to .const, over sticking a value in a register
and not modifying it? (which is what I've done to get round this)

How much benefit for a heavily used 0/1 flag?

What about a lightly used string?

Pete