At 4:40 AM +0000 12/10/03, Pete Lomax wrote:
Can I ask a stupid question? Guess I'm going to anyway...

Is there much benefit to .const, over sticking a value in a register
and not modifying it? (which is what I've done to get round this)

These are the equivalent of C's #define constants, so there's quite a lot of benefit, but it's all in source code abstraction. Not that useful if you're writing a compiler, though, as you can spit out the expanded constant then.