> If there are any shy lurkers out there please speak now or forever hold
> your peace.

I'll admit to being a shy lurker... (and have rudimentary C knowledge, but a
bit low on the elbow grease atm :-/)

This also gives me an opportunity to mention to anyone with more time (and
possibly ability) than me, that parrot is having problems on LinuxPPC.  The
specifics are:
    - parrot hangs on t/op/arithmetics when doing make test
    - make gives an implicit declaration of posix_memalign, but doesn't seem
      to have problems beyond this
    - a lot of warnings about implicitly truncating to unsigned type
    - a lot of warnings about discarding qualifiers
      (I don't know how much people worry about these kinds of things, but I
      found with the software I'm working on atm, that implicity truncation to
      unsigned was a problem found only on LinuxPPC, but not on LinuxX86,
      something to do with differences between the gcc's)

Here's some more info that may help.

$ uname -a
Linux 2.4.19-r6 #7 Tue Apr 22 16:54:53 EST 2003 ppc  740/750 GNU/Linux

$ gcc --version
2.95.3

$ perl --version

This is perl, v5.8.0 built for powerpc-linux

I hope any of this helps, and if it's possible for me to contribute, even some
reasonably trivial task (something possibly like what Melvin mentioned earlier
in the week re: macros) would be ok.

I'm really impressed with the amount of work people are doing on parrot and
related stuff.  Keep up the good work!  :-)

Later

Paul

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Physics

Quantum Mechanics: the dreams stuff is made of.