[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I believe that parrot already has the concept of memory pools in it's
> memory management. The idea is that by allocating similarly sized objects

The problem is not in the fixed sized header pools, its with the
*memory* pool used e.g for string memory.

During GC we are walking the *header* pools, and if we find its buffer
memory being used, we move that buffer memory to a new store, thereby
compacting it. The old memory store(s) are freed then.

So string memory can move around beyond your code.

> Nigel/

leo