On 6 Feb 2004, at 22:32, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

- icu
- lib/Test/*
- lib/Pod/*

are all "standard" thingys. I'm not thinking that we are gonna
reinventing wheels nor that we are gonna copying existing wheels, so I'd
vote for just removing all that from CVS.

yep

All non-trivial packages have some preliminaries. Some prominent notes
in README and INSTALL can provide the necessary steps, how to get that
source.

I'd like to see Configure.pl say what's needed, and do what it can to help if requested.

Meanwhile, I've been adding some perl code of my own which should give a more parroty feel to the docs.

http://homepage.mac.com/michael_scott/Parrot/docs/html/index.html

There are some links to actual files in the distribution (READMEs etc) which will be broken because it's not up there, but they work ok locally.

As you can see the structure is lifted from the wiki, this is because it saved me thinking while I got it working. The Item, Group and Section modules in Parrot::Docs will make it fairly easy to set up alternative subsystem-based "views" of the content instead.

Eagle eyes will note that I put the parrotcode.org css and small parrot png in docs/resources so that they work without a network. Hope I haven't transgressed again.

Oh, btw, while googling for parrot and leap I found this (indirectly):

Mike