Okay, so I'm working on redoing the events document based on the critiques from folks so far. (Which have been quite helpful) I should have a second draft of the thing soon.

It does, though, sound like we might want an alternate name for this stuff. While event is the right thing in some places it isn't in others (like the whole attribute/property mess) we may be well-served choosing another name. I'm open to suggestions here...