At 7:57 PM +0100 5/5/04, Nicholas Clark wrote:
On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 08:59:03AM -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:

 Yeah, that's what I'm figuring. The symbols themselves should be
 cross-platform, modulo the odd prefix character, or so I hope. The
 linker magic is definitely going to be platform and linker
 specific--we may have to throw in a config/auto/linker.pl file to
 identify the linker, along with linker-specific config modules.

Which implies that platforms may exist where it's not possible to do this. (surely?)

Possibly. I'm tempted to burn that bridge when we actually get to it, if we ever do, at which point we have to do all sorts of nasty stuff with preprocesor macros.