At 6:41 PM -0700 8/7/04, Brent 'Dax' Royal-Gordon wrote:
Matt Fowles wrote:
I thought that subversion was tried for use with Parrot and found
unexceptable for some reason a while back.  I am not trying to
discourage you guys...  I personally prefer svn to cvs, but I think it
would be wise to determine of those problems still exist.

IIRC, we tried it for ponie, and the problem was that it took an insane amount of time to perform a simple checkout or update operation. But that was largely because of the combined girth of Parrot and Perl 5--Parrot by itself should be much more manageable.

It was a protocol problem, one that's been fixed as I remember. I'd still like a good shakedown by someone a long way away as the packet flies before considering switching, but I think things are a lot better.