# New Ticket Created by  Dan Sugalski
# Please include the string:  [perl #31026]

Right now the master function in nci.c that figures out if we have a
thunking function for a given function signature does a linear search
looking for a match. This is pretty nasty and gets slower the more
functions are in the search list. What we should do is change the
code generator (as src/nci.c is generated) to build up a hash of
signatures with the corresponding function pointer for much faster
lookup.