On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 09:23, Dan Sugalski wrote:

> This hash should either be allocated from constant PMCs that don't
> get GC'd, or put in the root set, then.

Just to be specific then, the steps would be:

        - allocate a new PMC
        - mark it as constant (PMC_constant_FLAG) or call the register op on
the PMC (though does this have interpreter-specific meaning?)
        - store it somewhere that other interpreters and other trips through
the function can access it (don't know how to do this)
        - stuff the Hash into the data pointer of the constant PMC, when
initializing the table
        - retrieve the PMC and its hash all other times

If that's reasonable, I'll hack on it a bit today.  If there's a simpler
way, please point me at code to inspire me and I'll hack on that
instead.

-- c