Nicholas Clark wrote:
Is your implementation going to cope with one OS having several different
types of file systems mounted, that might have different specific behaviours?

I know that HFS+, ufs and ext3 all have various forms of flags/extended
attributes, and in turn I'd assume that a FileSystem PMC would have some
way of accessing them. So I'd assume that parrot has to cope gracefully with
this, and allow full access, although maybe not as far as automatic
detection.

That is a problem I've thought about, but that I don't know how to solve. In fact, I'm offering to implement most of this PMC file, but I can't go for those details (at least now) as I miss the knowledge :)

cheers
Alberto

--
Alberto Simões - Departamento de Informática - Universidade do Minho
                 Campus de Gualtar - 4710-057 Braga - Portugal