On Aug 1, 2006, at 2:45 PM, Joshua Hoblitt wrote:

While I'd been hoping that M::B had a public method for changing 'blib'
this appears not to be the case (just looking at the pod).  If this
functionality were added we could have the root makefile invoke each
module as `perl Build.PL --blib [buildroot/somedir]`, use that path for
runtime testing, and still let M::B handle the packages own
installation.  I admit this scheme is a little hackish but it avoids
having to do a custom setup for each bundled package.  Thoughts?

That syntax works:

  % perl Build.PL --blib=foobar
  Checking whether your kit is complete...
  Looks good

  Checking prerequisites...
  Looks good

  Creating new 'Build' script for 'FLV-Info' version '0.11'
  % ./Build
  lib/FLV/File.pm -> foobar/lib/FLV/File.pm
  % perl -MModule::Build -le'print Module::Build->VERSION'
  0.2801

This also works:

  my $mb = Module::Build->new(
  );
  $mb->blib('foobar');
  $mb->create_build_script;

Chris

--
Chris Dolan, Software Developer, Clotho Advanced Media Inc.
608-294-7900, fax 294-7025, 1435 E Main St, Madison WI 53703

Clotho Advanced Media, Inc. - Creators of MediaLandscape Software (http://www.media-landscape.com/) and partners in the revolutionary Croquet project (http://www.opencroquet.org/)