On Sun, 24 Jun 2007, James Keenan via RT wrote:

> On Tue Feb 13 08:06:53 2007, ptc wrote:
> > The profiling options used in config/init/defaults.pm are specific to
> > gcc.  This should probably be specified in the relevant hints file.
>
> The profiling options code in config/init/defaults.pm reads:
>
>     if ( $conf->options->get('profile') ) {
>         $conf->data->set(
>             cc_debug => " -pg ",
>             ld_debug => " -pg ",
>         );
>     }
>
> Can anyone confirm that these are indeed gcc-specific?  Thanks.

Yes.  They are gcc-specific.  A plain -p is common on Unix systems, but
-pg is gcc-specific.  For example, with Sun's C compiler, -xpg would be
the equivalent flag.  (Though Sun's C compiler also has other profile
options selected by -xprofile.  I haven't looked at them in ages, so I
can't tell you anything useful about them.)

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]