Paul Cochrane wrote:
> On 27/08/07, Ron Blaschke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Paul Cochrane wrote:

>>> Ok, I'll just tell the Coverity thing to ignore that particular warning.
>> Just curious, but could you please post the exact wording of the warning?
>
> Sure.  I'll have to piece this together a bit from the various pieces
> of info from the web app output, so please, bear with me.
>
> Warning:
> USE_AFTER_FREE
> File: compilers/imcc/optimizer.c
> Function: constant_propagation
[snip]

Many thanks Paul.  The error message talks about "(ins)->next".  There
are two of those in constant_propagation.  Coverity does not show line
numbers, does it?  Is there any way to dump the sequence of statements
that triggers the error report?

line 593:
    for (ins = unit->instructions; ins; ins = ins->next) {

line 612:
            for (ins2 = ins->next; ins2; ins2 = ins2->next) {
                        ^^^^^^^^^

I don't have time right now to wrap my brain around this right now, but
I'd like to think this through before dismissing it.  The two loops with
C<ins> and C<ins2> do make me a bit uncomfortable, if it's a false
positive I'd really like to know why.  But don't let me hold you up on
this, continue as you see fit.

Ron