Ovid wrote:

I can't speak for Android, but I know one of the constraints on the
iPhone is memory.  This, as I recall, is part of the reason why they
don't have garbage collection available and force people to manage
memory directly (this, I might add, is a pain).  Since I generally
don't worry about memory, I've no idea if Parrot is a memory hog.

It's light on memory compared to other virtual machines, but would require some work to get it down to mobile phone size.

That being said, I can't imagine Apple would be terribly keen to
endorse anything which requires jail breaking the phone.  Don't we
have contacts in Apple?  Getting official approval for trying this
out might be a nice thing.  In fact, I already know an iPhone
developer who would be a great fit for a challenge like this (if he's
interested).

Yes, but the mobile group is completely separate from the open source group. Still, it's worth asking.

Allison