BCW> On Wed, 09 Aug 2000, Chaim Frenkel wrote:
BCW> Isn't that what the nebulous line disciplines are supposed to handle?
>>
>> Has anyone taken on RFCing line disciplines?

BCW> I haven't seen anything on them, but everyone seems to be in agreement
BCW> that we're going to have them.  If no one else wants to bite the
BCW> bullet, I'll at least throw something out that people can object to.

BCW> (It seems to me that line disciplines, or at least the idea of Perl's
BCW> implementation of line disciplines, precedes Perl 6.  Is this my
BCW> imagination, or can someone point me to an existing ref?)

Sure did. Go do some searches on p5p.

Many of the comments referenced sfio disciplines and/or TCL channels.

Go forth and steal^w borrow^w learn.

<chaim>
--
Chaim Frenkel                                        Nonlinear Knowledge, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                               +1-718-236-0183