NW> just deal with filenames universally this would be a big win (leave
NW> acls, permissions, versions, etc to something else).

The VMS (and TOPS20) advocates will scream here. Versions are part of
the file name. The default is the latest version. But the filesystem
automatically versions files.

Hmm, if we support versioning files, will perl have to support emacs
versioned files? /foo/bar/bash.c.~356~

<chaim>
--
Chaim Frenkel                                        Nonlinear Knowledge, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                               +1-718-236-0183