[perl-language removed.]

At 01:55 PM 8/4/00 -0500, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
>On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 11:37:30AM -0700, Peter Scott wrote:
> > It would not be "you need to rebuild your perl", but "the administrator of
> > this site does not allow unstrict programming by default."
>
>The original poster said "a compile-time option to be decided by the
>administrator of each site".  I (and Johan) took that to mean "decided
>when perl was compiled".

Me too.  I took it to mean that it was like

         alias perl      'perl -w -Mstrict'

Doesn't mean you have to rebuild perl to make a program that breaks
strictness work.  Either insert the appropriate "no strict|warnings" line,
or use the -z flag I mooted on the #! line.

>Letting administrators set a certain strictness level on *every*
>program run sounds like we should make perl always read /etc/perlrc if
>it exists.

Oh, I wouldn't like that.

--
Peter Scott