Thus it was written in the epistle of [EMAIL PROTECTED],

> > I do *NOT* think in any way that default Perl 6 should ever require a my().
>
> I should probably add here that if this is what you think, you are
> certainly doomed to be disappointed, becapse Perl 5 requires my() in
> many cases, and this is not going to go away.
>
> For example, there is no way to write this without my():
>
>         $x = 2;
>         if (...) {
>           my $x = 1;
>         }
>         print "$x\n";
>
> So I think it might be prudent for you to moderate your demands a little.

While I'm not yet prepared to advocate any of the suggestions, *if* lexicals
were the default, the above code could be written:

         $x = 2;
           $x = 1;
         }
         print "$x\n";

Could it not?

Ted
--
Ted Ashton ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), Info Sys, Southern Adventist University
The bottom line for mathematicians is that the architecture has to be right.